Wednesday, December 3, 2014

DELICIOUS Buttercream Frosting

I have decided to use this blog to keep track of some of the recipes that I've used here that I really like. This is a recipe for buttercream frosting that was amazingly tasty. When I made it I was short 1.5 cups of icing sugar, so I just used extra white granulated sugar. I also didn't have espresso powder - but I bet that would have made it even more amazing.
Without further ado, here is the recipe:
 
 
Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
 
INGREDIENTS:
1.5 cups butter, softened
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
5 cups confectioner's sugar
0.5 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
0.5 teaspoon espresso powder
 
INSTRUCTIONS:
 
1. Add cocoa to a large bowl or bowl of stand mixer. Whisk through to remove any lumps.
 
2. Cream together butter and cocoa powder until well combined.
 
3. Add sugar and milk to cocoa mixture by adding 1 cup of sugar followed by about a tablespoon of milk. After each addition has been combined, turn mixer onto a high speed for about a minute. Repeat until all sugar and milk have been added.
 
4. Add vanilla extract and espresso powder and combine well.
 
5. If frosting appears too dry, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency. If it appears too wet and does not hold its form, add more confectioner's sugar, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
 
Recipe credit : http://addapinch.com
 
So good on a chocolate cake! The guys raved about it when I made it for Matt's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment